Kardinia desires to be a church of influence, full of faith, hope and love in our community, city, nation and world.
Established as Drumcondra Church of Christ in 1915, the church grew and was instrumental in planting other churches in Geelong. In 1965 the church needed a bigger building and so moved to Church street, Manifold Heights and was renamed Manifold Heights Church of Christ.
As the church continued to grow, in 1997, the decision was made to sell the building and relocate. The property was purchased on the corner of Anakie and Ballarat Roads, Bell Post Hill where our North Campus and Childcare & Kindergarten is currently located. Renamed Kardinia Christian Fellowship, the church flourished while the new home was being built.
In 2001, the church relocated to it's newly constructed home and altered its name to Kardinia Church. The church continued to steadily grow over the years and during March 2006 began a partnership with the Belmont Church of Christ in Roslyn Road, becoming 'one church in two locations'. In July 2010, the decision was made to relocate Belmont Church of Christ to Marshalltown Road in Grovedale and call it our South Campus, with our Bell Post Hill location being called our North Campus.
In recent years, Kardinia has continued to expand its influence by becoming 'one church in four locations', with our campuses in Warrnambool and Ballarat.
Kardinia is not a 'Sunday only' church. Kardinia is active in the community 7 days a week. In response to the needs of our community and to strengthen the ever-growing influence of our church, Kardinia provides a wide range of community services locally, such as our Playgroups, Childcare and Kindergarten Centre, courses and many kids, youth and family ministries and programs.
These programs are here to bring people together as we aim to truly be a community of faith, hope and love.